Server & databases
The software works with a database based on SQLite. This database is completely sufficient for companies with up to 500 vehicles.
- Server: After starting, the software works with a local database on the computer. With the server module you have the option of outsourcing the database to a server or a central computer. All clients can then be connected to the database within a local network. In this way, any number of people can work with the database at the same time.
- Paths: With the server module you have the possibility to store directories and files centrally. The storage paths for documents, templates, backups and mail scripts can be stored centrally. In this way, all clients work with the same documents and templates.
- Access: The software was developed so that any number of users can work with the database at the same time. A refresh function constantly renews the data.
- mySQL: (in progress) We are working on the integration of local and cloud-based mySQL databases. Please note: Local mySQL databases can be operated with the server module. Cloud-based mySQL databases require a mySQL database from the manufacturer. This can be made available to you for a monthly fee.
- SQL-Server: (planning) It is planned to use SQL Server as an additional database. The release is still undetermined.
User & Role
- Login: If required, a login with user and password is required to work with the software. Users can be managed centrally.
- Administration: Im Administratorbereich können Sie Benutzer anlegen, sperren oder mit Rechten versehen. In the administrator area you can create, block or grant users rights. Users can be connected to contacts.
- Role: When activated, roles can be assigned to each user. For example, users can only have read and no write access. This means that these users cannot create or change any data records. Roles can also define access to functions such as evaluation, templates or mailing.
Evaluations and report generator
Different methods of evaluation are available in almost every module:
- The table can be sorted and filtered according to specifications
- A quick evaluation allows simple queries about periods or categories
The Report Generator is available for this. This module allows complex queries and evaluations.
- Fields: By selecting you determine whether all or only certain fields of the table are used. The selection can be changed at any time.
- Parameters: Select fields and conditions so that you can generate any queries. Create multiple conditions for one field or create queries with multiple conditions for different fields.
- SQL Code: When you click on the fields, the SQL code is generated in the form. You can change this. With knowledge of SQL, you can expand the queries as you wish.
- Export: Export the evaluation as xml, csv or txt. The txt file can be printed out.
- Connections: (in progress) At the moment, the evaluation is always limited to one table (module). In the future it will be possible to create queries across several tables combined.
- Funktionsbefehle: (in progress) Function commands are SQL commands that create additional fields. For example, carry out calculations and display them as additional fields.
- Load/Import: (in progress) Save and load created queries. The import of queries is also possible via loading. Have queries created by the manufacturer or third-party providers.
The software has its own mail system. You can either send an email address (mailbox) from the manufacturer to send emails or use any email address or mail server of your choice. A mailbox from the manufacturer is required to receive mails.
In many modules (maintenance, insurance) you will find options for sending mails directly. Here you have the option to send mails to the stored contacts (owner, driver, workshop, insurer). The software takes over a large part of the work with ready-made scripts and offers you almost finished cover letters, which are tailored to the current vehicle and the current process. The software also uses the mail system to send mails directly. According to your specifications, certain people can automatically receive emails. For example, as a reminder for upcoming appointments.
You have the option of storing any templates in a central folder. The software automatically recognizes these templates and offers them for you to choose from. These templates can contain any pre-made texts or text modules. This enables you to quickly create extensive mails. The special feature: The templates can contain various parameters, which the software replaces before sending. An example of a cover letter to a driver for upcoming maintenance.
the vehicle you are using $vehicleManufacturer, $vehicleModel with the license plate $vehicleName has an appointment for $maintenanceFailure.
This should be on $maintenanceDate respectively. Please bring the vehicle past the specified date.
For any inquiries, I'm willing to help. You can reach me at the phone number $userPhone or at this mail address $userMail.
In this case all $parameters would be replaced with the correct details of the current vehicle and contact. Of course, the text can be changed and supplemented as desired. You can also freely design your own texts with and without parameters. The mail can also be written in any language.